The Malaysian Informatics and Programming Society (MIPS) is proud to organize the Malaysia Computing Olympiad (MCO) Training Camp during the upcoming school holidays.
Thank you to all who applied for a slot. After careful consideration, we would like to inform that the following are invited to attend the training camp:
- Gan Wen Qi, Asia Pacific Smart School
- Chia Xin Liang, Chung Hua High School Seremban
- Yong Zheng Xin, Chung Hua High School Seremban
- Lew Chen Chang, Hin Hua High School
- Lee Ting Sheng, Hin Hua High School
- Megat Hakimi Nafis Megat Kamil Azmi, Kolej Mara Seremban
- Nur Fatihah Athira Binti Muhamad, Kolej Yayasan Saad
- Tan See Yee, KYUEM
- Muhammad Azraei Hadi Bin Baharul Aizal, MRSM Batu Pahat
- Mohd Nazri Syah Bin Sani, MRSM Pontian
- Muhammad Azrin Bin Muhammad Azhar, MRSM Pontian
- Nur Aliah Binti Husaimi, MRSM Pontian
- Muhammad Aiman Bin Abu Sopian, MRSM Pontian
- Muhammad Hazeem Aiman Bin Ismadi, MRSM Pontian
- Raja Amirul Muhaimin Bin Raja Abd Aziz, MRSM Transkrian
- Ahmad Fikri Bin Aidil Adha, MRSM Transkrian
- Lee Wai Hon, MRSM Transkrian
- Muhd Nabil Farhan B. Abdul Razak, MRSM Transkrian
- Chew Jie Heng, Pusat PERMATApintar Negara
- Reshidran A/L Nahenthara Raj, Pusat PERMATApintar Negara
- Lim Jian Liang, SMJK Chung Hwa Confucian
- Khoo Zi Xian, SMJK Chung Hwa Confucian
- Anzo Teh Zhao Yang, SMJK Chung Ling Butterworth
- Yee Xin En, SMJK Chung Ling Butterworth
- Daniel Lim Wee Soong, SMJK Chung Ling, Pulau Pinang
- Ong Chien Sern, SMJK Keat Hwa
- Khong Yi Kye, SMJK Sin Min
- Sean Gee Zhing, SMJK Yok Bin
- Tan Zi Fan, SMK Seri Bintang Selatan
- Lee Kian Boon, SMK USJ 12
- Low Jun Keat, SMK USJ 12
- Ivan Lau Peng Hui, Taylor’s College Subang Jaya
- Lim Wei Yi, Taylor’s College Subang Jaya
- Khairunizam Bin Ab Rahman, MRSM Pontian (teacher)
- Rozita Saad, MRSM Transkrian (teacher)
- Zuraini Bt Abdullah, MRSM Transkrian (teacher)
Update (8 FEBRUARY 2014)
Thanks to everyone involved — participants and trainers — for a successful camp.
Dr. Shawn Tan, one of the trainers, wrote about the event on his column at Digital News Asia.
The objective of this camp is to train students in C++ programming in preparation for the MCO 2014. MCO 2014 is an online C++ programming competition that will be the next selection process for the Malaysian national team to International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) 2014. The MCO will be held tentatively in April 2015.The training camp is open only to the individual Gold, Silver and Bronze medallists in MCC 2014. We would like to note that attending this camp is optional. Individual MCC 2013 medallists who decide not to attend this camp will still qualify for MCO 2014 if they fulfill all the requirements.
Please register by 1 December at this Google Form
Since space is limited, we can only accept 30 participants, and therefore not all applicants will be guaranteed a slot. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email on 8 December. Teachers (whose students are attending) are also welcome to register for the camp.
Dates & Time
21-22 December 2013 (Saturday & Sunday), 9am to 5pm daily.
Training room, 3rd floor, Wisma JobStreet.com, Lorong Medan Tuanku 1, Medan Tuanku, 50300 KL (http://www.jobstreet.com.my/aboutus/map.htm).
You will need to arrange for your own accommodation and transport to and from the venue. For those traveling from out of state and need a place to stay, there are many budget hotels nearby, e.g., Prescott Inn (Medan Tuanku), Tune Hotel (Downtown KL). We will not help with hotel booking, nor will we be responsible for safety outside the training period.
The trainer for this camp is Dr. Ong Shien Jin (President of MIPS), who is the Malaysian Team Leader to IOI 2011 and IOI 2012. He will be assisted by top performers in MCO 2013: How Si Yu, How Si Wei, Justin Lim Kai Ze, Lim Yun Kai and Ho Yi Hang.
Please bring your own laptop and charger.
There is no fee charged for this camp as it is run by volunteers. However, we welcome gifts to the MIPS, a not-for-profit society. Recommended gift is RM100 for this 2-day event.
For further enquiries, please contact Mr. Ho Yi Hang at email@example.com.