The Malaysian Informatics and Programming Society (MIPS) is proud to organize the Malaysia Computing Olympiad (MCO) Training Camp during the upcoming school holidays.
Thank you to all who applied for a slot. After careful consideration, we would like to inform that the following are invited to attend the training camp:
- Low Weng Fei, Chong Hwa Independent High School
- Alvin Hew Xin Yao, Chung Hua High School
- Ho Jin Cong, Foon Yew High School
- Lew Chen Chang, Hin Hua High School
- Tan Jia Qing, Hin Hua High School
- Aminul Haqim bin Mohamad Zainurin, Kolej MARA Kuala Nerang
- Adam Daikstra anak Meramat, Kolej MARA Kuala Nerang
- Muhamad Hazim bin Che Mohd Nasser, Kolej MARA Kuala Nerang
- Ameerul Afiq bin Abd Halim, Kolej MARA Kuala Nerang
- Ahmad Adli Faris bin Ahmad Kamal, Kolej MARA Kuala Nerang
- Nurul Ariessa binti Norramli, Kolej Tunku Kurshiah
- Amirah Ilyana binti Norazam, MRSM Johor Bahru
- Muhammad Firdaus bin Aziz@Awang, MRSM Kuala Klawang
- Naqib Fakhrul bin Abd Razak, MRSM Kuala Klawang
- Hazrin bin Haslim, MRSM PDRM Kulim
- Nur Iliya Natasha binti Mazli, MRSM PDRM Kulim
- Nuqman bin Muhammad Joehan, MRSM Tun Dr. Ismail
- Muhammad Khairul Khairi bin Kamaruszaman, MRSM Tun Dr. Ismail
- Muhammad Nurazdaniel bin Nur Azman, MRSM Tun Dr. Ismail
- Choong Khye Xuin, SMJK Chung Hwa Confucian
- Oong Jie Xiang, SMJK Chung Hwa Confucian
- Eng Ying Xuan, SMJK Sacred Heart
- Cheah Kwok Fu, SMJK Yok Bin
- Teor Yu Hang, SMK Sultan Abu Bakar
- Tan Tun Jian, Sunway College
- Ivan Lau Peng Hui, Taylor’s College
- Goh Chang Chuan, Taylor’s College
- Ahmad Noor Ariff, Taylor’s College
- Ang Yee Chin, Tsun Jin High School
- Boo Kai Hsien, Tsun Jin High School
- Bahazainizam bin Baharudin, MRSM Kuala Klawang (teacher)
- Che Azura binti Che An, MRSM PDRM Kulim (teacher)
- Khairunizam bin Ab Rahman, MRSM Tun Dr. Ismail (teacher)
The objective of this camp is to train students in C++ programming in preparation for the MCO 2015. MCO 2015 is an online C++ programming competition that will be the next selection process for the Malaysian national team to International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) 2015. The MCO will be held tentatively in April 2015.The training camp is open only to the individual Gold, Silver and Bronze medallists in MCC 2014. We would like to note that attending this camp is optional. Individual MCC 2014 medallists who decide not to attend this camp will still qualify for MCO 2015 if they fulfill all the requirements.
Please register by 1 December 2014 at the following link:
Since space is limited, we can only accept 30 participants, and therefore not all applicants will be guaranteed a slot. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email on 8 December. Teachers (whose students are attending) are also welcome to register for the camp.
Dates & Time
13 & 14 December 2014 (Saturday & Sunday), 9am to 5pm daily.
Training room, 3rd floor, Wisma JobStreet.com, Lorong Medan Tuanku 1, Medan Tuanku, 50300 KL (http://www.jobstreet.com.my/aboutus/map.htm).
You will need to arrange for your own accommodation and transport to and from the venue. For those traveling from out of state and need a place to stay, there are many budget hotels nearby, e.g., Prescott Inn (Medan Tuanku), Tune Hotel (Downtown KL). We will not help with hotel booking, nor will we be responsible for safety outside the training period.
The trainer for this camp is Dr. Ong Shien Jin (President of MIPS), who will be assisted by former Malaysian IOI participants and other trainers.
Please bring your own laptop and charger.
There is no fee charged for this camp as it is run by volunteers. However, we welcome gifts to the MIPS, a not-for-profit society. Recommended gift is RM100 for this 2-day event.
For further enquiries, please contact Mr. Ho Yi Hang at firstname.lastname@example.org.